Friday, December 21, 2007

class pre-launch


Yesterday I messaged all COMM 144 students via mySJSU and several responded. So the class launch process has started! A few have signed up for the class listserv (Google Groups) and one student has already created her blog. I feel like we're off to a good start on this exploration out Blackboard's confines and into the wilds of the internet.

Thus far seven students have expressed an interest in adding the class. Having the nearly all the class website accessible makes it much easier for these students to preview the class. eCampus set up a few guest accounts, but this way students don't have to hassle with logging into blackboard using those accounts and then changing to a new one once they register for the class.

Although the message I got from eCampus was that the roster wouldn't be uploaded to blackboard until December 31, I checked today and students are already in the gradebook. Early is good. I think I've set up the blackboard part of the class so students 
may access it immediately.

Looking forward to the winter session! And to some time off next week.

--Prof. Cyborg

No comments: