Thursday, December 20, 2007

enrollment update


Pre-registration ended December 7. Then students have a set amount of time to pay their fees. 6 didn't pay, so now I have 22 students. That's still a good number for the winter session and I'm sure I'll get several students adding the first day of classes.

I've signed up for a workshop through SJSU's Center for Faculty Development January 2-4 on how to use several new communication technologies in the classroom. The title, "Technology Innovations in Education: Wikis, Blogs, Podcasts, Elluminate, Social Networking Tools, Web 2.0 , and more!!," suggests a fairly comprehensive approach to the topic.

Although I've been teaching online since 1999, I'm not as sophisticated in my use of technology as instructors who teach in Second Life or have been using blogs for years. So I'm hoping I pick up some new ideas and strategies for using technology in productive ways in online and in person classes.

I'm expecially looking forward to learning more about how to integrate blogging into the classes I teach while I'm blogging about a class I'm teaching--and requiring my students to blog as well.

--Prof. Cyborg

No comments: